Reporting to the Vice President of Product the incumbent will be responsible for all negotiation and contracting of tour elements. Through mastery of these skills, the incumbent will increase margins for the organization while ensuring the highest level of quality and brand standards are adhered to. The incumbent will be a skilled relationship builder and collaborator.
- Product Strategy Phase:
- Collaborate with Design Director and/or Managers, as well as Revenue Management to review contracted rates, challenges faced and alternative options, as required.
- Collaborate regularly with the Product Design Team on improving and evolving the existing product in all brands, as well as developing new innovative concepts, barriers to entry in the market and logistics to execute.
- Consult with inventory management and product design team in the date selection process for assigned tour programs.
Vendor Rate Bid Process:
- Partner with the Product Design Team to provide insight and establish all possible vendors for all components of the tour program. This includes: Tour flow, hotels, transportation companies, restaurants, attractions, guides, and any component of a tour that has a value. In some cases this could also include Destination Management Companies.
- Manage and review all bids for negotiation for your product territory. Begin the negotiation process, this includes traveling to the region and negotiating face-to-face.
- Contracting and Negotiating:
- Manage and maintain all vendor relations regarding all contracting for tour series. On occasion, this may include assisting with confirming add dates and/ or custom challenges when escalated.
- Responsible for contracting all components required to develop and deliver the tour successfully. These contracts include: Hotels, transportation companies, restaurants, attractions, guides, and any component of a tour that has a value. In some cases this could also include Destination Management Companies.
- Review all terms and conditions on all contracts.
- Ensure a strong return on investment and the agreed to rate(s) will affect the overall tour sales price.
- Efficient to sign contracts and all tour series dates while in the destination and meeting with each supplier and partner.
- Needs to be able to adapt quickly to different vendors based on product type.
- Ability to make on the road judgment calls for the product and the business when needed. This could be with hotels, bus companies, restaurants and attractions.
- Support contracting and negotiations for add dates and custom tours, on request and as needed.
- Maintain/update vendor negotiation strategy worksheet and buildout game plan to meet goal and approved net rates.
- Conduct in-destination research and competitor analysis as needed.
- Work with the Accounting department on mismatched or missing rates/contracts when escalated.
- Collaborate with the Product Management team to review product challenges, consistent complaints and alternatives that we could explore.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, travel & tourism or related field
- Minimum Experience – 5+ Years
- Must be available to travel approximately 120 days per year
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others
- Strong analytical knowledge and skills. Solid understanding of return on investment
- Prior contracting skills required. Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships. Ability to relate to people in a variety of cultures
- Strong collaborator
- Friendly and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly build trust and understanding with the partners and vendors
- Results Driven
- Efficient/ Sign contracts & secure dates on road so pricing is released
- Fearless and assertive/ Not afraid to ask for what we need
- Determined/ Ensure knowledge of goal rate and laser focused on execution
- Confident & personable/ Strong negotiator
Apply for Product Buyer
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.